Tuesday, December 16, 2008

An Opened Note........

An Opened Note......


Well, as I expected, one of my post here had 'invited' criticism from one of my student, but I didn’t expect it to be harsh and personal ‘attack’one. Dealing with hundred of students every year means im in high risk of getting criticism from people of various field, that’s why im very open minded in this aspect. I will always take criticism as one of the many challenges in my life !!.Actually i have a feeling that in my current school with such a big enrolment (more than 40 students per class),I realized that it’s very hard or to be more accurate im not able to fulfill the needs of every students from difference background n difference characters in my class, I feel sorry about it, this is the fact which I have to admit as im only an ordinary tiny human being and because of this, I will turn the criticism toward me into a challenge to improve my professionalism in my career.Thank you...


Clarification to one of his/her opinion:

It’s a fact that from 6 classes with a smaller enrolment compare to form 5 classes will definitely allow the teacher to have more personal attention on each individual in the class,so it's not fair to compare the rate of attention received from a 6th form teacher to a 5th form teacher, further more the professionalism of teaching does not lie on what form a teacher is teaching, in fact, most of the secondary school teachers have the same qualification or maybe it’s possible that a 5th form or even a lower form teacher has a higher qualification than a 6th form teacher. It’s just a matter of opportunity and interest only,so don't judge the quality of a teacher by the level they are teaching…….


The Conclusion


In fact..i should have ignored this kind of personal attack, it's just a sort of backstabbing behaviour from a person who likes to hide him/her self from what he/she did !!..actually, it was very much appreciated and respected the 2 ex-students who wrote their views on me without hiding their identity..they had shown their sincerity and responsible's behaviour on what they did !! these are the true personality will shine in future ...that's why i was very much appreciate and thankful for their comments..and finally i would like to make it clear here that i will not response or bother and will just delete any further backstabbing notes from the person by the name hungry_predator or his/hers alias...thank you.





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gooday n Howdy again! Well, 1st n foremost, never expect u 2 be SO touchy and sensitive over wat has been written. De post is not meant 2 be a backstab! On de contrary, its only a frank or rather 'blunt' opinion of mine. I chose 2 use a pseudonym coz even if i were 2 reveal my real name, u would not remember 2 since i left St. Davids three years ago. Well my intentions are meant 2 be GOOD, hoping dat u will take it as a challenge and change. Sad 2 say, u hav misconstrued wat i hav written. Don worry. This is my final post and u can choose not to reply 2 it.
P.S. Perhaps 1 day, i will be yr colleague. God has ways of making things happen u kno? Feel free 2 delete this this post if u r not happy about this. Bye......

Magdeline said...

woah woah woah ... wats all these commotion ... everyone has their own faults .. all far as i know mr.tam is a good teacher tho sumtimes he speaks blindly .. but he meant no faults ..

and yes sir , ignore all these people .. keep up with ur own mind set .. u'll always be a good teacher (repeating:except for the results posting) haha .. u have ur feelings n u can choose anyway to express it .. u dun have to accept challenges .. it doesn't make u bo Ch* .. ure great the way u are ..

S.H.O.N.G said...

well,i just feel sad and can only wish good luck to our coming generation because egoism and sarcasm had become a norm in our society,this is because i personally feel that the valuable traditional moral values had not been uphold..ur comments had reflected this fact..Bye

S.H.O.N.G said...

Mag..thanks for your views..dun worry,im still ok with it..just wish that my mind is still strong enuf to handle all these problematic stuffs la..haha

yyPhang said...

Who the hell is hungry_predators? Well.. abortive comments are to be ignored and certainly, ur audacity to lampoon on Mr Tham is brusque. The cardinal issue is, the construction of words and semanticity in executing a constructive comment which you certainly SUX reflecting from your "P.S."
Well, perhaps u shall learn some manners!!
Sir, u are da best~

S.H.O.N.G said...

yyPhang,i really appreciate your words..it means a lots to me..it makes me stronger..you had given me energy and encouragement to move on..certainly i will be a better man in future...thanks yyPhang...Best Regards from me..